Ugandan Safari Chimp Trek
Be greeted by our closest cousin, the chimpanzee, on this Ugandan Safari Chimp Trek in Kibale Forest. Search for other primate and bird species as you follow a trail around a swamp. Relish the sights on a hike around crater lakes, villages and plantations.
- Tour Name: Ugandan Safari Chimp Trek
- Price: From $975 US
- Duration: 3 days
- Country(s): Uganda
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Kampala
- Tour Code: UKCT3
- Activities: Chimp trek, birding, hiking
Price per person sharing in a double or twin room, min. 2:
- Budget – from $975 US
- Mid-range standard – from $1165 US
- Comfort Lodge – from $1450 US
- Single room supplement from $20 US
- 2 nights lodge (mid or comfort level), bandas or tented camp (budget)
- 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Chimp tracking
- Swamp Walk
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Opt for Land Cruiser vs Safari Mini Bus for transport
- Customize this tour
- Safari in Kenya, Rwanda or Tanzania
Day 1 Kibale Forest
Embark on a long scenic ride to Fort Portal town and Semuliki National Park. Take a forest walk and visit Sempaya Hot Springs. Continue to Kibale Forest National Park.
Day 2 Kibale Forest
Get trekking through Kibale Forest in search of chimpanzees. 60 species of mammals inhabit the forest. In the afternoon, take a walk through Bigodi Swamp seeking out more primates and some of 400 bird species.
Day 3 Depart
We will undertake a 3 – 5 hour hike taking in the crater lakes, villages and tea plantations with Rwenzoris as a backdrop. Depart for transfer back to Kampala with drop off at your hotel.