Ugandan Chimp Trek
Be greeted by our closest cousin, on this Ugandan Chimp Trek in Kibale Forest. The chimpanzee shares 98% same DNA as humans. Search for other primate and bird species as you follow a trail around a swamp. Relish the sights on a hike around crater lakes, villages and plantations.
- Tour Name: Ugandan Chimp Trek
- Price: From $975 US
- Duration: 3 days
- Country(s): Uganda
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Kampala
- Tour Code: UKCT3
- Activities: Chimp trek, birding, hiking
Price per person sharing in a double or twin room, min. 2:
- Budget – from $975 US
- Mid-range standard – from $1165 US
- Comfort Lodge – from $1450 US
- Single room supplement from $20 US
- 2 nights lodge (mid or comfort level), bandas or tented camp (budget)
- 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Chimp tracking permit
- Swamp Walk
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Opt for Land Cruiser vs Safari Mini Bus for transport
- Customize this tour
- Safari in Kenya, Rwanda or Tanzania
Day 1 Kibale Forest
Embark on a long scenic ride to Fort Portal town and Semuliki National Park. Take a forest walk and visit Sempaya Hot Springs. Continue to Kibale Forest National Park.
Day 2 Kibale Forest
Get trekking through Kibale Forest in search of chimpanzees. 60 species of mammals inhabit the forest. In the afternoon, take a walk through Bigodi Swamp seeking out more primates and some of 400 bird species.
Day 3 Depart
We will undertake a 3 – 5 hour hike taking in the crater lakes, villages and tea plantations with Rwenzoris as a backdrop. Depart for transfer back to Kampala with drop off at your hotel. Finally, this ends your Ugandan Chimp trek.
Full Itinerary for this tour.