Please read Terms and Conditions prior to booking
BenefacTours Inc. Terms and Conditions version 2022 11 04
1. Reservations – By booking a trip with us you are deemed to have agreed to these Terms and Conditions. This constitutes the entire agreement between you and us. Your booking will be accepted by us on this basis. We require a 50% deposit of the total tour cost upon confirmation. Gorilla permit payments will be required in full. The balance of payment is due 60 days prior to the commencement of the tour. BenefacTours Inc. reserves the right to cancel a reservation if payment is not received on schedule. In this event, cancellation fees will apply.
2. Payments – we accept Visa, Mastercard, Cash and Wire Transfers.
3. Cancellations – Cancellation penalties depend on the number of days written cancellation notice is received by BenefacTours Inc. before tour departure. Penalties are:
- Prior to 60 days: 10% of the full amount or a compilation of fees levied by hotels, lodges and banks, whichever is greater.
- Between 60 and 45 days: 35% of the full amount
- Between 25 days and 44 days: 50% of the full amount
- Between 15 days and 24 days: 75% of the full amount
- 14 days or less: 100% of the full amount
- No refund of any unused portion of your tour will be issued
- Gorilla and Chimpanzee tracking permits are not refundable when already booked, as this is the policy of Rwanda and Uganda Wildlife Authorities. By booking a tour that includes permits as such, indicates your agreement to these conditions.
4. Passport and Visa requirements – It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of a valid passport and appropriate tourist visas for countries visited. Your passport must be valid for a minimum of six months past the termination date of the trip. Contact your country’s High Commission or Consulate for the countries to be visited for requirements. Note that you may require multi-entry visas if travelling through several countries.
5. Health and Fitness – You should be in excellent health to travel with BenefacTours Inc. While many trips are not physically demanding, you may be subjected to riding over rough terrain, extreme heat, and other discomforts. If you have a physical or mental disability, please inform us ahead of time. A medical certificate may be required prior to joining. It is strongly suggested that you visit a travel clinic so that you can obtain appropriate vaccinations and malaria prophylaxis if required to help protect you while traveling. Be aware that some inoculations require several visits to the clinic. You may be required to produce proof of yellow fever vaccination in order to enter endemic countries or if transiting through infected countries. Check travel reports for up to date information on health or Centers for Disease Control.
6. Insurance – All participants must carry travel emergency medical insurance. It is the client’s responsibility to arrange suitable adventure travel insurance with benefits that include cover for any hazardous activities they intend to pursue, as well as personal accident, medical expenses, and repatriation. BenefacTours recommends medical, cancellation/trip interruption and baggage insurance to all travelers.
7. Inherent Dangers –Many adventures take place in countries where the accommodation, medical facilities, hygiene, transport and other factors are not of the same standard that you are used to at home. While we will see to ensuring the utmost safety, we accept no responsibility for civil wars, accidents, or illnesses. Gay travellers are advised that the majority of African countries, and many Asian countries, consider homosexual acts illegal.
By travelling with BenefacTours Inc. you assume all risks associated with participating in this excursion, including, but not limited to acts of God or war, political or civil unrest, acts of terrorism, arrest, delays, strikes, mental or emotional trauma, theft, vehicle accidents and related injuries, personal injury, disease, and death. Your participation in any activities on this excursion is voluntary. By booking with BenefacTours Inc. you are accepting these conditions. The Canadian Government provides additional and up-to-date information in their travel reports or telephone 1-800-267-6788. Non-Canadians please refer to your country’s consulates or Department of Foreign Affairs for advice.
8. Tariffs – Tour tariffs are based on all known costs and rates of exchange at the time of the transfer. Any significant changes will be immediately communicated to our clients.
9. Altered itineraries – BenefacTours Inc. retains the right to alter any arrangements due to local conditions. Additionally, we also reserve the right to deviate from the advertised tour if such deviation is necessary for the safety or well-being of any or all members of the tour. A trip may be cancelled at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events if it is not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary. Therefore, if we cancel a trip, you may choose between applying the amounts paid toward an alternative trip or receiving a full refund less bank fees and pre-booked excursions that are non-refundable. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as visas, vaccinations or non-refundable flights.
10. Right of Refusal – We retain the right to refuse any person from participating or continuing any tour if that person fails to comply with the laws or customs of countries visited, causes or is deemed to cause hazard or inconvenience to other clients, the local inhabitants, or to the environment and ecosystems. Exploitation of prostitutes or illegal drugs will not be tolerated. Thus, clients using will be asked to leave the tour without recourse to any refund.
11. Bookings – BenefacTours Inc. reserves the right to decline any booking at its discretion.
12. Unexpected expenses – Clients must reimburse BenefacTours Inc. for any expenses incurred on behalf of the client.
13. Group Activities – Adventures may include group activities. If you decide to abstain or leave the group, we will make every effort to assist you. However, we may not be able to provide additional services. If meals or activities are unused, no refund will be given.
14. Complaints – If a client wishes to complain, they should first inform the tour leader, if applicable. If, at that time, the tour leader is unable to satisfy the client’s complaint, the client must contact the BenefacTours’ Vancouver office immediately, so that a resolution can be expedited. Additionally, if satisfaction is still not reached, a written complaint must be received by BenefacTours Inc. within 14 days.
15. Liability – No agent or authorized representative of BenefacTours Inc. has authority to commit BenefacTours Inc. to any liability whatsoever. BenefacTours Inc. will not be bound by any statement or representation unless it is in writing and signed by one of the directors.
16. Double Occupancy – Prices quoted for safaris and tours are for double occupancy. Single supplement pricing may apply, depending on package chosen.
17. Gorilla and Chimpanzee Permits – Note that a gorilla or chimpanzee tracking permit does not guarantee your sighting the animals. Ultimately, if you fail to view gorillas while tracking, you may receive a partial refund or be allowed to top up and track again. Finally, refund transactions shall be handled through the UWA Reservation Office at Headquarters in Kampala or Rwanda Authorities in Kigali.