Work In Africa
Chase after toddlers while on this Volunteer Work In Africa program in Uganda. Help with teaching and give care to up to 40 infants and toddlers in Mbale town. You will come away with a heart filled with warm memories of your stay.
- Tour Name: Work In Africa
- Price Range: From $615 US
- Duration: 8+ days
- Country(s): Uganda
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Entebbe or Kampala
- Tour Code: UMB1
- Activities: Volunteering
Pricing Options for 2 people sharing in a double or twin room:
- 8 day local accommodations $615 US per person double occupancy; 15 days are $770 US per person. This is a very basic room with facilities outside the room. There is a kitchen in the visitor house where cooking can be done..
- 8 days self-contained cottage. Cook your own meals in a farm cottage, walking distance from volunteer site for $690 US; 15 days are $995 US per person.
- 8 days standard hotel accommodations $715 per person double occupancy; 15 days are $1225 US per person. Amenities include a large garden, restaurant and bar.
- 8 days mid-range hotel accommodations $970 – $1010 US per person double occupancy; 15 days are $1485 – $1720 US per person. Amenities include a large garden, restaurant, bar and swimming pool.
Pricing options for 1 person alone:
- 8 day local accommodations $815 US; 15 days are $1020 US. This is a basic room with facilities outside the room. All meals are included with this option, while working at the volunteer site.
- Self-contained cottage. Cook your own meals in a farm cottage, walking distance from the work site for $895 US; 15 days are $1245 US.
- Standard hotel accommodations $965 US single occupancy; 15 days are $1545 US. Amenities include a large garden, restaurant and bar.
- Mid-range hotel accommodations $1385 – $1415 US single occupancy; $2065 – $2130 US. Amenities include a large garden, restaurant, bar and swimming pool.
- Accommodation as chosen
- Breakfasts, lunches while working (all meals if staying at the volunteer site, or no meals at farm cottage)
- Airport transfers 5 hrs. drive
- 5 days per week of volunteering by caring for the babies and toddlers
- Donation to the charity you work for
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Extend days
- Excursions to Sipi Falls or weekend stay at Mbale hotel
- Safari in Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda or Tanzania
Arrive today at Entebbe International Airport. A driver will meet you to transfer you to Mbale, 5 – 7 hrs. drive, and your accommodations.
Your day could consist of feeding newborns, changing diapers, cooking, gardening, or just playing – mostly whatever they need at the moment. Without a doubt, expect to be quite tired by the end of each day. You are welcome to take days off if you wish. Do some shopping in town or take a weekend excursion. Ask the sisters about transport if interested in a trip to Sipi Falls for a day or overnight.
Finally you will be returned to Entebbe International Airport or Kampala. Your pickup time can be arranged with the driver to depart 7 – 8 hours before departure of your flight. Save time by checking in on-line ahead of time.