Photo courtesy client Elizabeth Miles
Tour Galapagos Islands
Discover incredible wildlife and geography on this Tour Galapagos Islands package. Learn what Charles Darwin thought about The Galapagos islands from your base on Santa Cruz Island. Take daily excursions to other islands. Meet giant turtles and tortoises. Come face to face with sea life while snorkeling. Hike on volcanic rock, and watch unusual antics of multiple species of birds. Islands visited are Santa Cruz, Bartholome, Seymour and Plazas. Tours depart weekly.
- Tour Name: Tour Galapagos Islands
- Price: $1245 US
- Duration: 5 days
- Country: Ecuador
- Tour Type: Private or Group
- Start & Finish: Baltra, Galapagos, Ecuador
- Tour Code: EGT5
- Activities: Wildlife and sports
Pricing per person sharing in a double or twin room, minimum 2:
- All year – $1245 US
- 4 nights hotel in Santa Cruz selected hotel
- 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches
- Airport transfers in Galapagos
- Excursions to other islands as mentioned
- Bilingual Naturalist Guide on all Excursions
- Contribution to the local community
- Airfare to/from Galapagos
- Entrance fee to the Galapagos National Park (US$ 100 per person )
- Galapagos Migration Card (US$ 20 per person)
- Optional excursions as supplement
- Visas, souvenirs, and items of a personal nature.
- Upgrade hotel from tourist class
- Upgrade to Full board (3 meals per day included)
Day 1 Thursday – Highlands and Charles Darwin Station
Arrival in Baltra. Meet Giant Turtles in their natural habitat and visit the Tortoise Breeding Center.
Day 2 Friday – Excursion to Bartholome Island
Take a hike on volcanic landscape to view the “pinnacle rock”. Watch different species such as the lava lizard. Do some snorkeling at a coral beach. There, we may observe marine turtles, sea lions, multicolour fish and penguins.
Day 3 Saturday – Excursion to Seymour Island
The main fauna species of this tiny island are land iguanas. Additionally, the frigate bird, blue-footed boobies and sea lions reside here. Hop into the ocean in Bachas where you may find yourself snorkeling with sea lions.
Day 4 Sunday – Excursion to Plazas Island
The small island of South Plazas has an unusually large concentration of wildlife. Also, there is a small forest of prickly pear cacti to walk through. Observe the endemic yellow-tailed mullet, swallow-tailed gulls, tropic bird, frigate birds, pelicans, and even bull seal.
Day 5 Monday – Depart
After breakfast, a driver will take you back to Baltra airport for your flight back to the mainland.