Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
This Rwanda gorilla trekking safari includes a Mountain Gorilla Trek, a chimp trek, as well as touring Kigali, Nyungwe Forest, Lake Kivu, and Volcanoes National Park. Discover the magic of this pristine mountain country. Meet mountain gorillas face to face on their home turf, follow chimps through the forest canopy, and explore traditions as you embark on this encompassing Rwanda vacation. 8 days Kigali to Kigali.
- Tour Name: Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
- Price Range: $4950 – $8325 US
- Duration: 8 days
- Country(s): Rwanda
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Kigali
- Tour Code: RR8
- Activities: Gorilla Trek, Chimp Trek, Wildlife/game drives
Price per person sharing in a double or twin room, min. 2
- Budget – $4950 US
- Mid-range – Luxury – $7195 – $8325 US
- Luxury – Request quote
- Single room supplement from $270 US
- 7 nights hotel (Budget) or lodge (Mid-range)
- 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners
- Airport transfers
- Gorilla Trekking permit $1500 US
- Chimp Trek
- Bird Watching
- Park Entrance fees and all activities listed
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
Options – prices are subject to change:
- 2nd Gorilla tracking permit – $1500 US
- Golden Monkey tracking – $100 US
- Dian Fossey’s tomb visit – $75 US
- Climb Bisoke Volcano – $75 US
- Canopy Walk – $60 US
- Extend days
- Safari in Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania
Day 1 Kigali
Your guide will be waiting to greet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel in Kigali for overnight.
Day 2 – Nyungwe Forest
Embark on your Rwanda tour beginning with remarkable views on route to Butare and Nyungwe Forest.
Day 3 – Nyungwe Forest
Catch a glimpse of chimpanzees and other primates like colobus monkeys on a morning trek through the forest.
Day 4 – Lake Kivu
Enjoy the peacefulness beside Africa’s highest lake. Option to take a canopy walk.
Day 5 – Volcanoes National Park
Venture through a plantation, browse a market, then we wind our way through the ‘Land of a Thousand Hills’.
Day 6 – Mountain Gorillas, Volcanoes National Park
Your gorilla adventure begins as you make your way through the gorilla sanctuary to meet the gentle giants.
Day 7 – Volcanoes National Park
Relax today as you reminisce. Optional activities today include taking a second gorilla trek, visiting Dian Fossey’s grave or climbing a volcano.
Day 8 Depart
Filled with lifelong memories of your safari, marvel at the views of lakes Bulera and Ruhondo as you return to Kigali and the end of your vacation in Rwanda.