Road to Rwanda Gorilla Trek
This Rwanda gorilla trek includes a mountain gorilla adventure in the Virungas, followed by a Golden Monkey trek or hike to Dian Fossey’s grave. Venture into the home turf of the gentle Mountain Gorillas where you may encounter a silverback’s family group, some of the remaining 1000 of that species. Discover the beauty of the countryside and the gleaming waters of the lakes on this Rwandan tour.
- Tour Name: Road to Rwanda Gorilla Trek
- Price Range: $5150 – $9995 US
- Duration: 6 days
- Country(s): Rwanda
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Kigali
- Tour Code: RR6
- Activities: Gorilla Trek, Golden Monkey Trek
Price per person sharing in a double or twin room, min. 2:
- Low Season (April, May) – $5150 – $7025 US
- Mid-season (Jan – Mar, 1 Nov – 15 Dec) – $5150 – $7650 US
- High Season (June – Oct, 16 Dec – 31 Dec) – $5150 – $9995 US
- Single room supplement from $180 US
- 5 nights hotel (Budget) or lodge (Mid-range or Luxury)
- 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners
- Airport transfers
- Gorilla Trekking permits 2 days $3000 US
- Bird Watching
- Park Entrance fees and all activities listed
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Climb Bisoke Volcano – $75 US
- Extend days
- Safari in Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania
Day 1 Kigali
Your guide will be waiting to greet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel in Kigali for overnight.
Day 2 Kibuye
Begin your tour with a visit to the genocide museum. Discover why the mountainous area is called “Land of a Thousand Hills” on route to Kibuye and the shores of Lake Kivu.
Day 3 Volcanoes National Park
Take in a visit to a tea plantation, browse around in a local village market, stop for a beachside lunch in Gisenyi. Continue on to Kinigi, near Volcanoes National Park where you will await your gorilla trek.
Day 4 – Mountain Gorilla Tracking, Volcanoes National Park
Your gorilla adventure begins as you make your way through the gorilla sanctuary to meet the gentle giants.
Day 5 – Mountain Gorilla Tracking, Volcanoes National Park (2nd time)
Double your fun as you set off into the forest searching for the nearly extinct Mountain Gorillas for a second time.
Day 6 – Depart
Bask in the memories of your gorilla encounter, and marvel at the views of lakes Bulera and Ruhondo as you return to Kigali and the end of your vacation in Rwanda.
View Full Itinerary for this tour.