Murchison Falls Safari
Experience the majesty of the Nile on this Murchison Falls Safari. Glide along the river on your boat tour. View abundant wildlife along the banks. Spot Cape buffalo, elephant, Rothchild’s giraffe, Ugandan kob, hartebeest, waterbuck and more African wildlife on game drives. Take a walk with a ranger to get up close to rhinos at Uganda’s only rhino sanctuary. Trek through chimp habitat for a chance encounter with our closest cousins on this wildlife safari. This is a big five safari and more. 3 days Kampala to Kampala.
- Tour Name: Murchison Falls Safari
- Price: From $1045 US
- Duration: 3 days
- Country(s): Uganda
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Kampala
- Tour Code: UM3
- Activities: Wildlife/game drives, chimp trek, birding
Price per person sharing in a double or twin room, min. 2:
- Budget – from $1045 US
- Mid-range Standard – from $1195 US
- Comfort Lodge – from $1295 US
- Single room supplement from $60 US
- 2 nights lodge or cottage
- 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Chimp tracking
- Rhino sanctuary visit
- Game drives
- Bird watching
- Boat cruise
- Park Entrance fees and all activities listed
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Opt for Land Cruiser vs Safari Mini Bus for transport
- Customize this tour
- Safari in Kenya, Rwanda or Tanzania
Day 1 Murchison Falls National Park
Your Ugandan safari begins at 6:30 am in Kampala. Proceed to rendezvous with Uganda’s only rhinos on route to Murchison Falls. Count the wildlife your first game drive after lunch.
Day 2 Murchison Falls National Park
Marvel at the abundance on a morning game drive. Next is an afternoon boat cruise to the base of the falls.
Day 3 Chimp Trek at Kaniyo Pabidi in Budongo Forest, depart
Track chimpanzees today through the forest for a chance encounter. Other primate species are olive baboons, black and white colobus monkeys, red tailed monkeys and grey-cheeked mangabeys, among others. Success rate of spotting chimps is best from May to September. Finally, we head back to Kampala and the end of your Murchison Falls safari.
View 3 day safari in a larger map