Reach out to 200 children on this International Volunteer project at a Nairobi community school. Located on the edge of a slum, their needs are great. Volunteers can help by teaching, building, cleaning, cooking, and organizing sporting activities with the kids.
- Tour Name: International Volunteer
- Price Range: from $760 US
- Duration: 8 days
- Country(s): Kenya
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Nairobi
- Tour Code: KNBO1
- Activities: Volunteering
Pricing for 2 people sharing in a double or twin room:
- Homestay accommodations $760 per person double occupancy. This is a lovely homestay where you will be served breakfasts and dinners by your hosts daily.
Pricing for 1 person:
- Homestay accommodations are $905 US for single occupancy. This is the same homestay as above. You will be served breakfasts and dinners daily.
- 7 nights homestay
- 7 breakfasts, lunches while working, 7 dinners
- Airport transfers
- 5 days of volunteer work, per week, with transport from homestay to the work site
- Donation to the charity
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Add on days to your stay in Nairobi
- Upgrade to hotel
- Add on a safari in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda or Tanzania
Day 1 Nairobi
Today is your arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi. Your driver will meet you and transfer you to your homestay.
Days 2 – 7 Nairobi
Begin work at the school for the day. You will be driven each morning and returned back to your accommodations each evening. Volunteers can work as teachers, builders, cleaners, cooks, sharing skills or playing with the kids. Subsequently, weekends are free time for you to explore Nairobi parks or historic sites.
Day 8 Depart Nairobi
Transfer back to Nairobi JKIA airport.