Highlands of Ecuador
Explore the Highlands of Ecuador. Be awed by the volcanoes, haciendas and people of this country that has everything. Travel from Quito to Guayaquil (or in reverse) for an Andean adventure.
- Tour Name: Highlands of Ecuador
- Price: $1650 US
- Duration: 5 days
- Country: Ecuador
- Tour Type: Private or Group
- Start & Finish: Quito to Guayaquil (can be done in reverse as well)
- Tour Code: EHC5
- Activities: Nature, Culture
Price per person sharing in a double or twin room, min. 2:
- All year – $1650 US
- Rates are lower for groups
- 4 nights 4 star accommodations
- 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
- Park Entrance fees and all activities listed
- Flight from Guayaquil back to Quito (approximately $30 – $100 US), visas, tips, souvenirs, and items of a personal nature.
- Add on Galapagos, Mindo Cloud Forest, Jungle Tour or other
- Upgrade hotel accommodations to 5 star
- Take this tour in reverse order
Day 1 Cotopaxi
Normally departing on Tuesdays, head towards the famous and majestic “Avenue of the Volcanoes”. Stop at a rose farm before arriving at Cotopaxi. Volcan Cotapaxi is the most active and second highest volcano in Ecuador. Proceed to a hacienda and experience the Andes on horseback.
Day 2 Riobamba
Learn about the legends and indigenous Salasacas people’s traditions. An ancestral dance performance will top off our visit. Head to the grandiose Chimborazo volcano, the highest mountain in Ecuador. Meet herds of vicuñas on the slopes.
Day 3 Alausi
Travel to Guamote, and one of the most colorful and authentic indigenous markets in South America. Take in the view of the famous Devil’s Nose. Visit the Tolte community and a farm for medicinal plants. Opt to go horseback riding and proceed to the magic town of Alausi.
Day 4 Guayaquil
We travel from Andean landscapes to the warm plains of the Ecuadorian Coast. Visit a fragrant cocoa plantation. Taste mouthwatering artisan chocolates before your organic lunch. Continue to the vibrant city of Guayaquil.
Day 5 Depart
Finally we are at the end of the tour as this day is yours to explore Guayaquil, or catch a return flight to Quito or onwards to The Galapagos.