Highlands of Ecuador
Explore the Highlands of Ecuador. Be awed by the volcanoes, haciendas and people of this country that has everything. Travel from Quito to Guayaquil (or in reverse) for an Andean adventure.
- Tour Name: Highlands of Ecuador
- Price: $1650 US
- Duration: 5 days
- Country: Ecuador
- Tour Type: Private or Group
- Start & Finish: Quito to Guayaquil (can be done in reverse as well)
- Tour Code: EHC5
- Activities: Nature, Culture
Price per person sharing in a double or twin room, min. 2:
- All year – $1650 US
- Rates are lower for groups
- 4 nights 4 star accommodations
- 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
- Park Entrance fees and all activities listed
- Flight from Guayaquil back to Quito (approximately $30 – $100 US), visas, tips, souvenirs, and items of a personal nature.
- Add on Galapagos, Mindo Cloud Forest, Jungle Tour or other
- Upgrade hotel accommodations to 5 star
- Take this tour in reverse order
Day 1 Cotopaxi
Head towards the famous and majestic “Avenue of the Volcanoes”. Normally, this tour departs on Tuesdays. Stop at a rose farm on route. Ultimately, arrive at Cotopaxi. Volcan Cotapaxi is the most active and second highest volcano in Ecuador. The, we proceed to a hacienda where you can experience the Andes on horseback.
Day 2 Riobamba
Learn about the legends and indigenous Salasacas people’s traditions. An ancestral dance performance will top off our visit. Head to the grandiose Chimborazo volcano, the highest mountain in Ecuador. Additionally, meet herds of vicuñas on the slopes.
Day 3 Alausi
Travel to the town of Guamote. It has one of the most colorful and authentic indigenous markets in South America. Take in the view of the famous Devil’s Nose. Next, proceed to the Tolte community and a farm for medicinal plants. In addition, you may opt to go horseback riding here. Finally, we arrive at the magic town of Alausi.
Day 4 Guayaquil
Absorb the Andean landscapes and the warm plains of the Ecuadorian Coast. Visit a fragrant cocoa plantation. Furthermore, be sure to taste mouthwatering artisan chocolates before your organic lunch. Next, continue to the vibrant city of Guayaquil.
Day 5 Depart
Ultimately, we are at the end of the tour. Use this day to explore Guayaquil on your own, or catch an onward flight. Moreover, the city is a good jumping off point for continuation to The Galapagos.