Great Gorilla Tracking Rwanda
Go gorilla tracking the nearly extinct mountain gorillas in Rwanda. Delight in watching the gentle giants in their own habitat, thrill to the core as you get up close and personal with some of the 1000 mountain gorillas that remain on the planet. 4 days Kigali to Kigali.
- Tour Name: Great Gorilla Tracking Rwanda
- Price Range: $3125 – $7675 US
- Duration: 4 days
- Country(s): Rwanda
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Kigali
- Tour Code: RG4
- Activities: Gorilla Trek
Price per person sharing in a double or twin room, min. 2:
- Low Season (April, May) – $3125 – $5550 US
- Mid-season (Jan – Mar, 1 Nov – 15 Dec) – $3125 – $6875 US
- High Season (Jun – Oct, 16 Dec – 31 Dec) – $3125 – $7675 US
- Single room supplement from $75 US
- 3 nights hotel (Budget) or lodge (Mid-range or Luxury)
- 3 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 dinners
- Airport transfers
- Gorilla Trekking permit $1500 US
- Day tour of Kigali
- Park Entrance fees and all activities listed
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
Options – prices are subject to change:
- 2nd Gorilla tracking permit – $1500 US
- Golden Monkey tracking – $100 US
- Dian Fossey’s tomb visit – $75 US
- Climb Bisoke Volcano – $75 US
- Extend days
- Safari in Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania
Day 1 Volcanoes National Park
You will be met upon arrive at Kigali International Airport. Tour the genocide museum before winding your way up to Kinigi, near Volcanoes National Park. Prepare to track the amazing mountain gorillas.
Day 2 Track Mountain Gorillas in Volcanoes National Park
Your trek starts as you rise with the sun for breakfast and a meeting with a ranger guide. Set off into the gorilla sanctuary to explore the habitat of the great apes. Your gorilla tracking encounter will leave memories of the gentle giants embedded in your mind forever.
Day 3 Volcanoes National Park
Today is yours to explore, or choose an optional tour including a second gorilla trek experience, a Golden Monkey trek, or a hike to visit the grave of Dian Fossey.
Day 4 Depart
Bask in the memories of your wildlife encounters as you drive back to Kigali. Transfer to the airport for your departure from Rwanda.