Galapagos Land Tour Santa Cruz Island
Experience the wildlife and beauty of Santa Cruz Island on this Galapagos land tour. Pose with a giant tortoise, swim with turtles and watch marine iguanas and numerous bird species. Follow Charles Darwin’s footsteps while exploring Santa Cruz. Discover other islands as well. The Galápagos Islands offer a plethora of exotic wildlife and picturesque landscapes.
- Tour Name: Galapagos Land Tour Santa Cruz Island
- Price: $1275 – $1595 US
- Duration: 4 days
- Country: Ecuador
- Tour Type: Private or Group
- Start & Finish: Baltra, Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos
- Tour Code: EGSC4
- Activities: Nature, Culture
Price per person sharing in a double or twin room, min. 2:
- All year – from $1275 US tourist class accommodations
- Rates are lower for larger groups
- 3 nights hotel
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches
- Activities listed with nature guide
- Snorkeling equipment
- Flight from mainland to Galapagos (average $400 US return airfare)
- Galapagos Migration Card (US$ 20 per person)
- Entrance fee to the Galapagos National Park (US$ 100 per person )
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, and items of a personal nature.
- Upgrade to Tourist Superior or First Class accommodations
- Add on mainland Ecuador tour
- Add on included dinners
Day 1 Arrival in Galapagos
Fly from mainland Ecuador to Baltra, Santa Cruz Island. You will be met and transferred to your hotel. On route, you will travel through the highlands. In addition, we stop to see Giant Tortoises in their natural habitat.
Days 2 & 3 Santa Cruz Island
Hop on a boat for an excursion to another island with a naturalist guide. Choose to snorkel or hike to catch glimpses of the amazing wildlife. Explore the diversity of the Galapagos Islands.
Choose boat tours from these islands:
Bartolome Island: Discover amazing landscapes, and fascinating geological formations. Consequently, there is great opportunity for snorkeling.
North Seymour Island: The main fauna species of this island are Land Iguanas. Additionally, the magnificent Frigate bird with their incredible scarlet regular pouch reside here. Also, sea lions surf across the waves. Ultimately, blue-footed boobies are very popular with their particular courtship dance.
South Plazas: This is a small island with an outstanding concentration of wildlife and dramatic cliffs. Take in the spectacular natural red carpet of algae and generally great contrasts.
Santa Fe: This island has a lot of diversity. The lagoons provide an excellent place for snorkeling. In addition to colorful fish, you may also encounter sea lions, giant tuna and even small sharks.
Day 4 Depart
Visit the Charles Darwin Station. The highlight is the tortoise breeding centre. Finally, you will be transferred to the airport for your return flight.