Galapagos Land Tour Santa Cruz Island
Experience the wildlife and beauty of Santa Cruz Island on this Galapagos land tour. Pose with a giant tortoise, swim with turtles and watch marine iguanas and numerous bird species. Follow Charles Darwin’s footsteps while exploring Santa Cruz and opt to visit other islands as well. The Galápagos islands offer a plethora of exotic wildlife and picturesque landscapes.
- Tour Name: Galapagos Land Tour Santa Cruz Island
- Price: $450 US
- Duration: 4 days
- Country: Ecuador
- Tour Type: Private or Group
- Start & Finish: Baltra, Santa Cruz Island, Galapagos
- Tour Code: EGSC4
- Activities: Nature, Culture
Price per person sharing in a double or twin room, min. 2:
- All year – from $450 US
- Rates are lower for larger groups
- 3 nights hotel
- 3 breakfasts
- Activities listed
- Snorkeling equipment
- Flight from mainland to Galapagos (average $400 US return airfare)
- Galapagos Migration Card (US$ 20 per person)
- Entrance fee to the Galapagos National Park (US$ 100 per person )
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, and items of a personal nature.
- Boat tours to other islands $275 US
- Day tour to Darwin Station and Tortoise Breeding Centre $120 US
- Add on mainland Ecuador tour
- Add on included dinners
Day 1 Arrival in Galapagos
Fly from mainland Ecuador to Baltra, Santa Cruz Island. You will be met and transferred to your hotel. On route, you will take in the highlands stopping to see Giant Turtles in their natural habitat.
Day 2 Santa Cruz Island
Free day. Take an optional excursion to another island, in order to discover the diversity of the Galapagos Islands. Or take a hike around Santa Cruz island and afterwards you can snorkel, swim or just relax.
Optional boat tours:
Bartolome Island: Discover amazing landscapes, and fascinating geological formations. There is great opportunity for snorkeling.
North Seymour Island: The main fauna species of this island are Land Iguanas, the magnificent Frigate bird with their incredible scarlet regular pouch, blue-footed boobies with their particular courtship dance and sea lions surfing across the waves.
South Plazas: This is a small island with an outstanding concentration of wildlife, dramatic cliffs, spectacular natural red carpet of algae and generally great contrasts.
Santa Fe: This Island has a lot of diversity. The lagoons of Santa Fe Island provide an excellent place for snorkeling alongside colorful fishes, sea lions, giant tuna and even small sharks are often sited there.
Day 3 – Santa Cruz Island
Today is a free day again. Visit the Darwin Centre or take an optional tour.
Day 4 Depart
This morning, you will be transferred to the airport for your return flight.