Become friends with 60 children on this Volunteer Work Overseas program in Nanyuki. This town is located about 3 hours drive north of Nairobi, Kenya. Do counselling, helping with homework, gardening, building repairs, and coordinating sports activities. Nanyuki is in the Mount Kenya region of Kenya. Consequently, you can visit there or another nearby game park on your days off.
- Tour Name: Volunteer Work Overseas Kenya
- Price Range: From $835 US
- Duration: 8+ days
- Country(s): Kenya
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Nairobi
- Tour Code: KNAN1
- Activities: Volunteering
Pricing options for 2 people sharing in a double or twin room:
- 8 days homestay accommodations $835 per person double occupancy, 15 days are $1255 per person. The host family provides breakfasts and dinners daily.
- 8 days standard hotel accommodations from $935 per person double occupancy, 15 days are $1450 per person. Amenities are restaurant, bar, swimming pool and gym. Breakfasts are included.
Pricing options for 1 person:
- 8 days homestay accommodations $1015 US single occupancy, 15 days are $1440 US. The host family provides breakfasts and dinners daily.
- 8 days standard hotel accommodations from $1265 US single occupancy, 15 days are $1935 US. Amenities are restaurant, bar, swimming pool and gym. Breakfasts are included.
- All breakfasts, all lunches while working, all dinners (dinners at homestay only)
- Ground transport to and from Nairobi, 3 hours drive
- Daily transport to and from orphanage (5 times per week)
- 5 days per week of volunteer work
- Donation to the charity
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Extend days
- Upgrade to hotel
- Safari in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda or Tanzania
Day 1 Nanyuki
Arrival in Nairobi. Your driver will be waiting to meet you and transport you to Nanyuki.
Days 2+ Nanyuki
Begin work at the orphanage for the day. You may assist in the classrooms or help the older kids with homework. Additionally, you could work in the garden, help with building maintenance and repairs, or share other skills. Weekends are free time. There are a number of wildlife parks in the area of Nanyuki that you can visit.
Last Day Depart
Transfer back to Nairobi. Finally, you will be dropped off at a hotel or JKIA airport.
View Volunteer Work Overseas Kenya in a larger map