Discover yourself with work abroad volunteer programs, in the Mount Kenya region of Nyeri. Dive into making this orphanage a success story. Help out in their preschool, gardening, cleaning, building, assisting with homework and playing with the children. Nyeri is located about 2-3 hours drive from Nairobi, Kenya.
- Tour Name: Work Abroad
- Price from: $750 US
- Duration: 8+ days
- Country(s): Kenya
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Nairobi
- Tour Code: KNYV1
- Activities: Volunteering
Pricing options for 2 people sharing in a double or twin room:
- 8 days homestay accommodations $750 per person double occupancy; 15 days are $1085 per person. This is a lovely homestay where you will be served breakfasts and dinners by your hosts daily.
- Standard hotel accommodations from $980 per person double occupancy; 15 days are $1545 per person.. Amenities are restaurant, bar, swimming pool and wifi. Breakfasts are included.
Pricing options for 1 person:
- Homestay accommodations $965 US single occupancy; 15 days are $1335 US. This is a lovely homestay where you will be served breakfasts and dinners by your hosts daily.
- Standard hotel accommodations $1385 US single occupancy.; 15 days are $2170 US. Amenities are restaurant, bar, swimming pool and wifi. Breakfasts are included.
- Accommodations in homestay or hotel
- All breakfasts, all lunches while working, all dinners (homestay)
- Ground transport to and from Nairobi
- 5 days per week of volunteer work with transport to work site
- Donation to the charity
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Extend days
- Upgrade to hotel
- Safari in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda or Tanzania
Day 1 Nairobi to Nyeri
Today is your arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Your driver will be waiting to meet you and transport you to Nyeri, about a 2 – 3 hour drive.
Days 2 + Nyeri
Begin your Kenya volunteer work at the orphanage for the day. You may assist in the preschool, help the older kids with homework, work in the garden, do some building, or share other skills as needed. Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Consequently, you can take weekends or other days off if you wish. Check out the local markets or some of the nearby wildlife parks.
Last Day Depart Nairobi
Finally, transfer back to Nairobi. You will be dropped off at a hotel or JKIA airport for your flight home.