Teach, build, provide therapy or medical assistance on Volunteer Abroad Programs in Jinja, Uganda. Help refurbish or build new schools. Assist with teaching, or provide physical therapy. Opt to do outreach work at the community education centre on this Volunteer Abroad program. Medical clinic work is available for those who can devote 2 weeks or more. Above all, you will certainly build friendships. Ultimately, your efforts will be rewarded with lifelong memories.
- Tour Name: Volunteer Abroad
- Price Range: From $635 US
- Duration: 8 days +
- Country: Uganda
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Entebbe or Kampala
- Tour Code: UJS1
- Activities: Volunteering
Pricing options for 2 people sharing in a double or twin room:
- 8 days homestay accommodations from $635 US per person double occupancy, 15 days are $905 US per person. This is a very basic homestay with local facilities. Breakfasts and dinners are included with this option.
- 8 days large banda (detached hotel room) accommodations $905 US per person double occupancy, 15 days $1070 US per person double occupancy. Small banda $700 US per person sharing, 15 days are $1045per person. Amenities include a large garden, lounge with satellite TV, pool table, western restaurant and swimming pool.
- 8 days comfort level hotel accommodations $1025 US per person double occupancy, 15 days are $1685 US per person. Amenities include a swimming pool and western restaurant with peaceful views of the Nile River.
Pricing options for 1 person:
- 8 days homestay accommodations $695 US, 15 days are $965 US. This is a very basic homestay with local facilities. Breakfasts and dinners are included with this option.
- 8 days dorm rooms at a campground $705 US, 15 days are $975 US. No meals included.
- 8 days banda (detached hotel room) accommodations $915 US, 15 days are $1395 US. Amenities include a large garden, lounge with satellite TV, pool table, western restaurant and swimming pool.
- 8 days comfort level hotel accommodations $1385 US, 15 days are $2335 US. Enjoy with peaceful views of the Nile River from your room. Amenities include a swimming pool and western restaurant.
- Accommodations as you choose
- Breakfasts (n/a at dorm room)
- 1 dinner (all dinners included at homestay)
- Airport transfers 3 – 5 hrs. drive
- 5 days per week of volunteering by building a new school, sharing skills at a community education centre, assisting with teaching at a preschool, or providing speech or physiotherapy
- Donation to the charity you work for
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Extend days
- Sporting activities ie horseback safaris, ATVing, rafting or kayaking on The Nile River
- Birding boat rides
- Safari in Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda or Tanzania
Arrive today at Entebbe International Airport. A driver will meet you to transfer you to your accommodations. You will be near Jinja, 3 – 5 hours drive.
Meet with a representative from the charity you will be working for. You decide how many days you will undergo the volunteer experience. Follow with your first day of work. You will also have a short tour of Jinja town this day or next. Hours of work are variable and normally are Monday through Friday. Additionally, you will share dinner one night with a local family. Weekends are yours to relax as do as you like. Optionally, you may wish to participate in one or more of the many sporting adventures that Jinja is known for.
This marks the end of your Uganda volunteer work. Finally, you will be returned to Entebbe International Airport or Kampala.
View Jinja volunteering, Uganda in a larger map