Mt Kilimanjaro Climb
Are you ready to take on a Mt Kilimanjaro Climb? This trek takes you to the peak of Africa, at 5895 metres or 19,341 ft., passing through lush forests, moorland and a high altitude desert. If you wonder “Where is Mount Kilimanjaro”, the famous mountain is located in Tanzania at the northern border with Kenya. The Marangu Route is the most popular and provides accommodations in mountain huts with all the basic necessities. The trek itself usually takes 5 days/4 nights for the round trip. Opt to add an acclimatization extra day at Horombo Hut. This will increase your chance of making it to the summit.
- Tour Name: Mt Kilimanjaro Climb Marangu Route
- Price Range: $1900 US
- Duration: 7 days (5 climbing)
- Country(s): Tanzania
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Arusha
- Tour Code: TKMAR
- Activities: Mountain Climbing
Pricing per person and is subject to change.
- 2 people climbing – $1900 US
- 1 person climbing – $2555 US
- 2 nights hotel, 4 nights shared mountain hut
- 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 6 dinners
- Ground transfers to and from Arusha or Kilimanjaro airport
- Climbing permit
- Mountain guide
- Park Entrance fees
- Safety equipment
- Visas, medical insurance, climbing equipment, sleeping bags, hyperbaric chamber, oxygen tanks, toilet tent, tips, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Extra acclimatization night at Horombo Hut $295 US
- Hyperbaric Pressure Bag $35 US per day
- Chemical toilets $30 US per day
- Oxygen Cylinder $25 US per day
- Pulse oxymeter $35 US per trip
- Other trekking gear can be rented
- Safari in Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda or Uganda
Day 1 Moshi
Pick up in Arusha or Kilimanjaro International Airport and transfer to hotel in Moshi. Begin preparations to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Day 2 Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut 2750 m
Begin with a hike through rain forest to Mandara Hut for about 4 hours.
Day 3 Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut/Kibo Hut 3720 m
Continue Kilimanjaro climb through forest, heather and moorland zone to Horombo Hut, approximately 6 hours. Enjoy stunning views from here.
Day 4 Kibo Hut 4703 m
Ascend to the saddle of Kilimanjaro, between Kibo and Mawenzi peaks. Take it slow for 7 hours to Kibo Hut.
Day 5 Kilimanjaro Summit/Horombo Hut 5895 m and 3720 m
Just after midnight, we commence our climb to the summit of Kilimanjaro for sunrise. From there, it is downhill all the way to Horombo Hut for our last night on the mountain.
Day 6 Descent – Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate to Moshi
Continue descent, passing through villages and plantations on the slopes to Moshi. Celebrate your achievement, enjoy dinner and overnight in a hotel.
Day 7 Moshi
Transfer back to Arusha following breakfast.
View Kilimanjaro in a larger map