Mt Kilimanjaro Climb
Are you ready to take on a Mt Kilimanjaro Climb? This trek takes you to the peak of Africa, at 5895 metres or 19,341 ft. Pass through lush forests, moorland and a high altitude desert. If you wonder “Where is Mount Kilimanjaro”, the famous mountain is located in Tanzania at the northern border with Kenya. The Marangu Route is the most popular and provides accommodations in mountain huts. The trek itself usually takes 5 days/4 nights round trip. Included are a night before and after in a hotel. Opt to add an acclimatization extra day at Horombo Hut to increase your chance of a successful summit.
- Tour Name: Mt Kilimanjaro Climb Marangu Route
- Price Range: $1900 US
- Duration: 7 days (5 climbing)
- Country(s): Tanzania
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Arusha
- Tour Code: TKMAR
- Activities: Mountain Climbing
Pricing per person and is subject to change.
- 2 people climbing – $1900 US
- 1 person climbing – $2555 US
- 2 nights hotel, 4 nights shared mountain hut
- 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 6 dinners
- Ground transfers to and from Arusha or Kilimanjaro airport
- Climbing permit
- Mountain guide
- Park Entrance fees
- Safety equipment including pulse oxymeter
- Visas, medical insurance, climbing equipment, sleeping bags, hyperbaric chamber, oxygen tanks, toilet tent, tips, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Upgrade to deluxe or luxury trek
- Extra acclimatization night at Horombo Hut $265 US
- Hyperbaric Pressure Bag $35 US per day
- Chemical toilets $30 US per day
- Oxygen Cylinder $25 US per day
- Other trekking gear can be rented
- Safari in Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda or Uganda
Day 1 Moshi
Pick up in Arusha or Kilimanjaro International Airport followed by transfer to hotel in Moshi. Begin preparations to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Day 2 Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut 2750 m
Set off with a hike through rain forest to Mandara Hut for about 4 hours.
Day 3 Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut/Kibo Hut 3720 m
Continue Kilimanjaro climb through forest, heather and moorland zone to Horombo Hut. Enjoy stunning views from here.
Day 4 Kibo Hut 4703 m
Ascend to the saddle of Kilimanjaro, between Kibo and Mawenzi peaks, followed by pacing yourself to Kibo Hut.
Day 5 Kilimanjaro Summit/Horombo Hut 5895 m and 3720 m
Just after midnight, we commence our climb to the summit of Kilimanjaro for sunrise. From there, it is downhill all the way to Horombo Hut for our last night on the mountain.
Day 6 Descent – Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate to Moshi
Continue descent, passing through villages and plantations on the slopes to Moshi. Celebrate your achievement, enjoy dinner and overnight in a hotel.
Day 7 Moshi
Finally, transfer back to Arusha following breakfast.