Mount Kilimanjaro Climb Umbwe
Challenge yourself on a Mount Kilimanjaro climb on the Umbwe Route, by far the most difficult of the Kilimanjaro routes. This route is generally strenuous, making it suitable for well-trained mountaineers. Spectacular views, moraine forest, dizzying ridges, and wildlife will be accompanying you on your ascent to the peak of Africa.
- Tour Name: Mount Kilimanjaro Climb Umbwe
- Price Range: $2200 US
- Duration: 8 days (6 climbing)
- Country(s): Tanzania
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Arusha
- Tour Code: TKUMB
- Activities: Mountain Climbing
Pricing per person. Note that pricing includes new tariffs imposed by Tanzanian Government as of July 1, 2017. Subject to change.
- 2 people climbing – $2200 US
- 1 person climbing – $2865 US
- 2 nights hotel, 5 nights mobile tents
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- Ground transfers to and from Arusha or Kilimanjaro airport
- Climbing permit
- Mountain guide
- Park Entrance fees
- Safety equipment
- Visas, medical insurance, climbing equipment, sleeping bags, hyperbaric chamber, oxygen tanks, toilet tent, tips, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Extra acclimatization night $295 US
- Hyperbaric Pressure Bag $35 US per day
- Chemical toilets $30 US per day
- Oxygen Cylinder $25 US per day
- Pulse oxymeter $35 US per trip
- Other trekking gear can be rented
- Safari in Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda or Uganda
Day 1 Moshi
Pick up from Arusha town or Kilimanjaro International Airport and transfer to Moshi town to a hotel for preparation and overnight.
Day 2 Umbwe Cave Camp
Start your day hiking through the Montana Forest, full of wildlife, for 5 hours to 2940 m.
Day 3 Barranco Camp
Follow heath land for 6 – 7 hours to a knife edge ridge. There are stunning views of both Kilimanjaro’s southern flank and across to Mount Meru, 50 miles away. The camp is overlooking the Barranco Valley at 3860 m.
Day 4 Karanga Camp
Easily climb the Barranco Wall, a 300 m barrier of volcanic rock. We descend down into the Karanga Valley at 4000m.
Day 5 Barafu Camp
A tough day will reward you with spectacular views of glaciers and valleys. 6 hours of hiking with take you to Barafu Camp, at 4600 m, where you will prepare for your ascent to the summit.
Day 6 Summit Uhuru and Mweka Hut
Very early in the morning, we continue to the summit. Ascend through heavy scree towards Stella Point where you will be rewarded with the most magnificent sunrise you are ever likely to see (weather permitting). At Uhuru Peak, 5895m, you will have reached the highest point on Mount Kilimanjaro and Africa. From the summit, we now make our descent down to the Mweka Hut camp site, 3100 m.
Day 7 Mweka Gate
Continue the descent down to the Mweka Park Gate, at 1830m, and transfer back to Moshi for dinner, celebrations and overnight.
Day 8 Depart
After breakfast, transfer back to Arusha town.
View Kilimanjaro in a larger map580