Mount Kenya Climb
With its rugged glacier-clad summits and forested middle slopes, a Mount Kenya climb is one of the most impressive landscapes in East Africa. You will be offered some of the finest views of Mt. Kenya’s spectacular rocky peaks as you pass through rolling hillsides covered with unique high elevation vegetation. The Sirimon Route is a non-technical ascent that requires no mountaineering skills. An extra day is built in for acclimatization, as altitude presents the main challenge. These 5 and 6 day routes will take you to Point Lenana at 4985 m. For more technical climbs to Batian and Nelion summits, see our 8 day climbs.
Rainy seasons in Kenya last from March to June and from October to December. It is possible to climb the mountain during the rainy seasons with slight difficulty experienced in the vertical bog and scree. Of all routes, Chogoria is the most scenic, longest and the toughest of all the routes. The highest peaks are Batian 5,199 metres (17,057 ft), Nelion 5,188 m (17,021 ft) and Pt Lenana 4,985 m (16,355 ft).
- Tour Name: Mount Kenya Climb
- Price Range: $1030 – $1395 US
- Duration: 5 or 6 days/4 or 5 nights
- Country(s): Kenya
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Nairobi
- Tour Code: KMKC
- Activities: Mountain climbing
Per person sharing, minimum 2 persons. Solo climbers, please ask for a quote. Due to KWS (Kenya Wildlife Service) ever changing entrance fees, we ask that you pay them directly at the gate upon registration in case of any adjustments.
- Sirimon – Sirimon Route 5 days $1030 US (add $208 US approximate payable to Kenya Wildlife Service)
- Sirimon – Naro Moru Route 5 days $1150 US (add $208 US approximate payable to Kenya Wildlife Service)
- Sirimon – Chogoria Route 6 days $1295 US (add $260 US approximate payable to Kenya Wildlife Service)
- Chogoria – Sirimon Route 6 days $1395 US (add $260 US approximate payable to Kenya Wildlife Service)
- Accommodations in tents or huts while climbing
- Mess tent, chairs and tables
- All meals while climbing
- Nairobi transfers
- Mountain Guide and porters
- Kenya Wildlife Service National Park entrance fees currently vary by season $50 – $72 US per day per person. (payable upon registration at National Park gates and subject to change) Low season is March – June; high season is 1st July to end of Feb.
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, climbing equipment and items of a personal nature.
- 8 day technical climb Mt Kenya to Nelion and Batian peaks
- Fly in/fly out
- Extend days
- Add on safari Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania or Rwanda
Choose from 5 or 6 Day Itineraries
View here Full Itineraries for Mount Kenya Climbs to Point Lenana 4985 m
View Mt Kenya in a larger map