Climb Kilimanjaro Machame
Climb Kilimanjaro via the Machame Route, known as the most beautiful Kilimanjaro trekking route. This climb on Africa’s highest mountain leads you through magnificent forest terrain. The route is strenuous and suited to more adventurous hikers. The accommodation is camping in mobile tents. The Machame route is normally completed in a minimum of 6 days/5 nights on the mountain, with the nights before and after the climb being spent in a hotel.
- Tour Name: Climb Kilimanjaro Machame Route
- Price Range: $2150 US
- Duration: 8 days (6 climbing)
- Country(s): Tanzania
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Arusha
- Tour Code: TKMCH
- Activities: Mountain Climbing
Pricing per person and is subject to change.
- 2 people climbing – $2150 US
- 1 person climbing – $2740 US
- 2 nights hotel, 5 nights mobile tents
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- Ground transfers to and from Arusha or Kilimanjaro airport
- Climbing permit
- Mountain guide
- Park Entrance fees
- Safety equipment
- Visas, medical insurance, climbing equipment, sleeping bags, hyperbaric chamber, oxygen tanks, toilet tent, tips, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Extra acclimatization night $295 US
- Hyperbaric Pressure Bag $35 US per day
- Chemical toilets $30 US per day
- Oxygen Cylinder $25 US per day
- Pulse oxymeter $35 US per trip
- Other trekking gear can be rented
- Safari in Tanzania, Kenya, Rwanda or Uganda
Day 1 Moshi
Pick up in Arusha or Kilimanjaro International Airport and transfer to Moshi so you can begin preparations to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Day 2 Day 2 Machame Camp
Hike through lush rain forest to Machame Camp (3000 m).
Day 3 Shira Camp
Leave the forest behind as you hike along a steep ridge for 3-4 hours. Descend into a scenic river gorge before you climb more gently up onto the moorland. You are rewarded with breath-taking views at Shira Camp (3840 m).
Day 4 Barranco Camp
Walk across the plateau today for 5-6 hours, enjoy sightings of the spectacular Barranco Valley (3950 m).
Day 5 Barafu Camp
Continue trek for 6-8 hours up the Barranco Wall, then across scree and ridges to Barafu Camp (4600 m).
Day 6 Uhuru Peak, Mweka Camp
Rise before midnight and ascend through heavy scree towards Stella Point on the crater rim. This 8 hour trek to Stella point is, for many climbers, mentally and physically, the most challenging on the route. At Stella point (5685 m), you will be rewarded with the most magnificent sunrise you are ever likely to see (weather permitting). From there, a 2 hour ascent takes you to Uhuru Peak (5896 m). Descend all the way down to Mweka Camp at 3100 m.
Day 7 Moshi
Your Kilimanjaro adventure ends at Kibololoni Gate where you will be transferred back to the hotel in Moshi for celebrations, dinner and overnight stay.
Transfer back to Arusha as you bask in the memories of your accomplishment of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.