Kilimanjaro Equipment on Camping Routes
- Mobile phones – carried by the head guide and all assistant guides, for daily communications with our base in Arusha.
- Comprehensive medical/first aid kits including pulse oximeter
- Professional Mountain Guides, all head guides (at least 1 per trip) currently certified by NOLS USA as WFR (Wilderness First Responder)
- Ratio of at least one guide for every three guests, to ensure personalized attention
- Cooks and Porters
- Park Fees
- Campsite fees
- Emergency Rescue Fees
Kilimanjaro equipment – camping and other gear. Note that baggage is limited to 12 kg per person.
- 4 season mountain tents
- Large weatherproof mess tent
- Wash basins for each climber
- Back rest chairs and tables
- High quality rental gear/ trekking clothing like synthetic sleeping bags, Gore-Tex outer wear, warm layers, trekking poles, etc.
- Oxygen cylinders, hyperbaric pressure bags and chemical toilets are also available to rent
Three hearty meals a day and snacks are provided upon arrival in camp. Our new menus have been developed by a professional cook who has trained staff in up-market safari bush camps where equipment and resources are minimal. We produce and prepare a majority of our food in our base kitchen, for delicious and energizing meals necessary for high altitude mountain trekking. Menu training is constant, and each climb travels with a set recipe book written in Kiswahili, laminated with photos of each dish of each meal. These measures ensure that standards stay high, and we always are constantly monitoring for quality of produce and consistency.
- Mountain operator’s license
- Active member of TATO, the Tanzania Association of Tour Operators, and KIATO, the Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators
- Comprehensive climb briefing before the trek, upon arrival
- Twice daily pulse check