Volunteer Work In Africa
This Volunteer Work In Africa orphanage project takes place in Nanyuki, Kenya, about 3 hours drive from Nairobi. Working at the orphanage allows you to do teaching, counselling, helping with homework, gardening, building repairs, and coordinating sports activities with 60 children.
- Tour Name: Volunteer Work In Africa Orphanage
- Price Range: $835 -$935 US
- Duration: 8 days
- Country(s): Kenya
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Nairobi
- Tour Code: KNAN1
- Activities: Volunteering
Pricing options for 2 people sharing in a double or twin room:
- Homestay accommodations $835 per person double occupancy. This is a lovely homestay where you will be served breakfasts and dinners by your hosts daily.
- Standard hotel accommodations from $935 per person double occupancy. Amenities are restaurant, bar, swimming pool and gym. Breakfasts are included.
Pricing options for 1 person:
- Homestay accommodations $1015 US single occupancy. This is a lovely homestay where you will be served breakfasts and dinners by your hosts daily.
- Standard hotel accommodations from $1265 US single occupancy. Amenities are restaurant, bar, swimming pool and gym. Breakfasts are included.
- 7 nights homestay
- 7 breakfasts, all lunches while working, 7 dinners (homestay)
- Ground transport to and from Nairobi, 3 hours drive
- Daily transport to and from orphanage (5 times per week)
- 5 – 7 days of volunteer work
- Donation to the charity
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Extend days
- Upgrade to hotel
- Safari in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda or Tanzania
Day 1 Nanyuki
Today is your arrival at Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Your driver will be waiting to meet you and transport you to Nanyuki, about a 3 hour drive.
Days 2 – 7 Nanyuki
Begin work on the Kenya Orphans Volunteer project. You may assist in the classrooms, help the older kids with homework, work in the garden, help with building maintenance and repairs, or share other skills as needed.
Day 8 Depart Nairobi
Transfer back to Nairobi. You will be dropped off at a hotel or JKIA airport.
View Volunteer Orphanage in a larger map