See Southern Africa Tour
Delve deep into the delights of Southern Africa, from Big Five safari to spectacular scenery, rich history, majestic waterfalls, gourmet food and wine and a classical rail journey on this See Southern Africa Tour.
- Tour Name: See Southern Africa Tour
- Price Range: $4750 US
- Duration: 10 days
- Country(s): Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Cape Town, S.A. to Pretoria, S.A.
- Tour Code: ZASAZ10
- Activities: Wildlife/Game drives
Price per person sharing in a double or twin room, min. 2
- High Season (Jan – Sept) – $4750 US
- Single supplement may apply
- 4 nights hotel, 2 nights rondavel, 3 nights train pullman suite
- 9 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners
- Airport transfers
- Flight from Cape Town to Sabi Sand
- Flight from Sabi Sand to Livingstone
- Rail journey through Zimbabwe and Botswana
- Game drives
- Park Entrance fees and all activities listed
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages such as premium wines, champagne, sparkling wines and liqueurs, airport departure fees and items of a personal nature.
- Sabi Sands Conservation Fees, approximately $5 per person and $17 per vehicle
- White water rafting
- Bungee jumping
- Helicopter flight over Victoria Falls
- Upgrade to luxury option
Day 1 Cape Town, S.A.
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will be met and transferred to your hotel. With Table Mountain and two oceans at its feet, the city of Cape Town, has been famed for centuries as the Tavern of the Seas.
Day 2 Cape Town, S.A.
Spend the day enjoying the extraordinary beauty of this scenic town and its surroundings with your choice of exciting activities.
Day 3 Sabi Sand Game Reserve, S.A.
Transfer to Cape Town International Airport for your scheduled flight to Kruger Mpumalanga International/Skukuza Airport with road transfer to Sabi Sand Game Reserve. The reserve is famed for its intimate wildlife encounters, particularly leopard viewing.
Day 4 Sabi Sand Game Reserve, S.A.
Explore the bush on twice-daily game drives that venture out in search of the Big Five, as well as a host of other fascinating creatures.
Day 5 Livingstone, Zambia
Transfer back to the airport for onward flight to Livingstone. This charming colonial town is conveniently situated near the mighty Zambezi River and the breathtaking Victoria Falls.
Day 6 Livingstone, Zambia
Stand on the edge of Victoria Falls, The Smoke that Thunders, and feel the cool spray mist settle on your skin. Take a step back and look up at the vivid rainbow in the towering spray. Options here include rafting, guided canoe safari, bungee or Flight of the Angels.
Day 7 Zimbabwe
Transfer to Victoria Falls Station, via Zimbabwe immigration, where your 3 night rail adventure begins. Travel towards Zimbabwe’s largest reserve, The Hwange National Park.
Day 8 Zimbabwe
Disembark for a game drive in Hwange National Park at The Hide. The Park hosts over 100 mammal and 400 bird species,including 19 large herbivores and eight large carnivores.
Day 9 Botswana/Krugersdorp, S.A.
A short journey takes us through Botswana towards the South African border. Travel through the farmlands of the Marico Valley and the Magaliesberg Range, among the oldest mountains in the world.
Day 10 Depart Pretoria
After breakfast you will arrive at Pretoria Capital Park Station where Rovos Rail bids you farewell.