International Volunteer Work Uganda
International volunteer work will have you living in a village and experiencing a bit of local life. Work with local children at a preschool or orphanage. Help refurbish or build new schools, assist with teaching, or provide physical therapy. Opt to do outreach work at the community education centre on this Uganda Volunteer Jinja program. Your efforts will be rewarded with memories and friendships that will last a lifetime.
- Tour Name: International Volunteer Work Uganda
- Price Range: $635 – $1025 US
- Duration: 8 days
- Country(s): Uganda
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Entebbe or Kampala
- Tour Code: UJS1
- Activities: Volunteering
Pricing Options for 2 people sharing in a double or twin room:
- Homestay Accommodations from $635 US per person double occupancy. This is a very basic homestay with local facilities. Breakfasts and dinners are included with this option.
- Large Banda (detached hotel room) accommodations $715 US per person double occupancy. Small banda $700 US per person sharing. Amenities include a large garden, lounge with satellite TV, pool table,western restaurant and swimming pool.
- Comfort Level Hotel Accommodations $1025 US per person double occupancy. Amenities include a swimming pool and western restaurant with peaceful views of the Nile River.
Pricing options for 1 person:
- Homestay Accommodations $695 US. This is a very basic homestay with local facilities. Breakfasts and dinners are included with this option.
- Dorm rooms at a campground $705 US. No meals included.
- Banda (detached hotel room) accommodations $915 US. Amenities include a large garden, lounge with satellite TV, pool table, western restaurant and swimming pool.
- Comfort Level Hotel Accommodations $1385 US. Enjoy with peaceful views of the Nile River from your room. Amenities include a swimming pool and western restaurant.
- 7 nights accommodation
- 7 breakfasts (n/a at dorm room)
- 1 dinner (all dinners included at homestay)
- Airport transfers 2.5 – 5 hrs. drive
- 5 – 7 days of volunteering by building a new school, sharing skills at a community education centre, assisting with teaching at a preschool, or providing speech or physiotherapy
- Donation to the charity you work for
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Extend days
- Sporting activities ie horseback safaris, ATVing, rafting or kayaking
- Birding boat rides
- Safari in Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda or Tanzania
Arrive today at Entebbe International Airport. A driver will meet you to transfer you to your accommodations near Jinja, 2.5 – 5 hours drive.
Days 2 – 6
Meet with a representative from the charity you will be working for and begin work for the day. You will have a short tour of Jinja town. Hours of work are variable and normally are Monday through Friday. Additionally, dinner one night will be with a local family.
Weekends are yours to relax as do as you like. Saturdays are good days to go into town to shop or participate in one or more of the many sporting adventures that Jinja is known for.
This marks the end of your Uganda volunteer work. Finally, you will be returned to Entebbe International Airport or Kampala.
View Jinja volunteering, Uganda in a larger map