International Volunteer Programs In Africa
Help refurbish or build new schools, dance with local children at a preschool, assist with teaching, provide physical therapy, do outreach work, share skills at the community education centre, provide nursing care or work in an orphanage on international volunteer programs in Jinja, Uganda. Get to know locals in a village where you will experience a bit of true Ugandan life. Your efforts will be rewarded with memories and friendships that will last a lifetime.
- Tour Name: International Volunteer Programs In Africa
- Price Range: $905 – 1685 US
- Duration: 15 days
- Country(s): Uganda
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Entebbe or Kampala
- Tour Code: UJS2
- Activities: Volunteering
Pricing Options for 2 people sharing in a double or twin room:
- Homestay Accommodations from $905 US per person double occupancy. This is a very basic homestay with local facilities. Breakfasts and dinners are included with this option.
- Large Banda (detached hotel room) accommodations $1070 US per person double occupancy. Small banda $1045 US per person sharing. Amenities include a large garden, lounge with satellite TV, pool table, western restaurant and swimming pool.
- Comfort Level Hotel Accommodations $1685 US per person double occupancy. Enjoy peaceful views of the Nile River. Amenities include a swimming pool and western restaurant.
Pricing options for 1 person:
- Homestay Accommodations $965 US. This is a very basic homestay with local facilities. Breakfasts and dinners are included with this option.
- Dorm room at a campground $975 US. No meals included.
- Banda (detached hotel room) accommodations $1395 US. Amenities include a large garden, lounge with satellite TV, pool table, western restaurant and swimming pool.
- Comfort Level Hotel Accommodations $2335 US. Enjoy peaceful views of the Nile River from your room. Amenities include a swimming pool and western restaurant.
- 14 nights accommodation
- 14 breakfasts (0 if stay in dorm room)
- 1 dinner (all dinners with homestay option)
- Airport transfers 2.5 hrs. drive
- 10 – 14 days of volunteering by painting or building a new school, sharing skills at a community education centre, assisting with teaching at a preschool, providing speech or physio therapy, nursing care or outreach work
- Donation to the charity you work for
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Extend days
- Sporting activities ie horseback safaris, ATVing, rafting or kayaking
- Safari in Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda or Tanzania
Arrive today at Entebbe International Airport. A driver will meet you to transfer you to your accommodations near Jinja, 2.5 hours drive.
Days 2 – 6
Meet with a representative from the charity you will be working for and begin work for the day. You will have a short tour of Jinja town on one of your first days. Hours of work are variable and normally Monday through Friday. Dinner one night will be with a local family.
Day 7 – 8
Weekends are yours to relax as do as you like. Saturdays are good days to go into town to shop or participate in one or more of the many sporting adventures that Jinja is known for.
Days 9- 13
After breakfast, make your way to your volunteer job each day. Evenings are on your own. You may wish to venture into Jinja town for dinner, or stay in the village where there is a selection of local and western restaurants.
Free time today to shop, explore or take in some of the optional activities listed.
Today your volunteering in Uganda has come to an end and you will be returned to Entebbe International Airport or Kampala.
View Jinja volunteering, Uganda in a larger map