Ecuador Volunteer Programs
Assist with teaching and provide love and acceptance to students at a special needs school, or work in an orphanage for babies and toddlers in Cuenca, on either of the Ecuador Volunteer programs. The school educates the kids in academic subjects as well as art, music, media, and even baking. At the orphanage, you will give care to orphaned infants and toddlers. Fill your heart with warm memories of your experience.
- Tour Name: Ecuador Volunteer Programs
- Price Range: $835 – $875 US
- Duration: 8 days
- Country(s): Ecuador
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Cuenca
- Tour Code: EVC1
- Activities: Volunteering
- Homestay accommodations $875 US per person. Breakfasts and dinners are included with this option, as well as airport transfer upon arrival, walking tour and transfer to the work site on your first day.
- Hotel accommodations $835 US per person. Breakfasts are included with this option, as well as airport transfer upon arrival, walking tour and transfer to the work site on your first day.
- 7 nights accommodation
- 7 breakfasts and 7 dinners (7 breakfasts only if staying in hotel)
- Airport transfer upon arrival
- Cuenca walking tour
- 5-7 days of volunteering by teaching, sharing skills, providing therapy, or nursing care
- Donation to the charity you work for
- Visas, vaccinations, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Extend days in Cuenca. Extra weeks of volunteer package are $360 – $395 US per week.
- Add on regional tours in Ecuador or nearby countries
- Spanish lessons, one to one, $15 US per hour, minimum 6 hours.
- Salsa Dance Classes $12 US per class, minimum 8 classes.
- Cooking classes $30 US per class, minimum 6 hours. (materials included)
Arrive today at Cuenca Airport. A driver will meet you to transfer you to your accommodations.
Today you will enjoy a walking tour in the World Heritage UNESCO old city of Cuenca. Meet with a representative from the charity you will be working for and have an orientation. Hours of work are normally Monday through Friday. You will have plenty of time to visit churches, markets and other interesting sites in the city.
Days 3 – 7
Proceed to the school or orphanage to begin work for the week. Options are Spanish lessons in the afternoons. Visit a market to shop or take some time off to visit nearby Cajas National Park or Ingapirca Ruins.
Today your volunteering in Cuenca has come to an end and you will be returned to the airport for onward travel.