African Safari Tanzania
This African safari vacation includes the best of Tanzanian game parks. Marvel at ancient baobab trees and feel the thrill of observing the big five – lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino. Witness a parade of wildlife on your memorable safari. Visit Arusha, Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater, Olduvai Gorge, Serengeti, and Lake Manyara. 8 days Arusha to Arusha.
- Tour Name: African Safari Tanzania
- Price Range: $3110 – $4300 US
- Duration: 8 days
- Country(s): Tanzania
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Arusha
- Tour Code: TT8
- Activities: Wildlife/Game drives
2020 pricing per person sharing in a double or twin room, min. 2. Note that tariffs imposed by Tanzanian Government are subject to change. Christmas and Easter supplements apply.
- Low Season (April, May) – $3110 – $3225 US
- Mid-season (March, 1 Nov – 21 Dec) – $3570 – $3580 US
- Shoulder Season (26 May – 30 June) – $3840 – $4100
- High Season (Jan, Feb, 1 July – 31 Oct, 22 Dec – 31 Dec) – $3840 – $4300
- Single room supplement $0 – $455 US
- 1 night hotel, 6 nights comfort lodge
- 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners
- Airport transfers
- Bird watching
- Game drives
- Archaeological site visit
- Park Entrance fees and all activities listed
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Fly in/fly out (offered in some game parks)
- Hot air balloon safari – $475 US
- Masai village visit – $50 US per vehicle
- Extend days
- Safari Kenya, Uganda, or Rwanda
Day 1 Arusha
You will arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport where you will be met and driven to your hotel for overnight stay.
Day 2 Tarangire National Park
Proceed to Tarangire where you will discover baobab trees and perhaps tree-climbing lions. Count the bird species and the migratory herds as well as resident wildlife.
Day 3 Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area
Depart for World Heritage Site Ngorongoro Crater where you will descend into the crater in search of some of the 20,000 large mammals that reside there. You may be lucky to spot a Black Rhino or observe the big five in action.
Day 4 Olduvai Gorge, Serengeti National Park
Make a stop at Olduvai Gorge, known as “The Cradle of Mankind”, site of Louis and Mary Leakey’s renowned archaeological discoveries. Carry on to the famous Serengeti, where you will observe great herds on your afternoon game drive.
Days 5+6 Serengeti National Park
Cross the endless plains of the Serengeti, picnics in hand, as you spy on your favourite wildlife during full day game drives.
Day 7 Lake Manyara National Park
Roam the savannah of the Serengeti on a morning game drive before departing for Lake Manyara. Make a stop at a refreshing waterfall on route.
Day 8 Depart
Scout out the great herds of wildlife this morning and perhaps some tree climbing lions before departing for the airport and your departure. This marks the end of your safari tour of Tanzania.