African Safari Tanzania
This African safari vacation includes the best of Tanzanian game parks. Marvel at ancient baobab trees. Feel the thrill of observing the big five – lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo and rhino. Witness a parade of wildlife on your memorable safari. Visit Arusha, Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater, Olduvai Gorge, Serengeti, and Lake Manyara. 8 days Arusha to Arusha.
- Tour Name: African Safari Tanzania
- Price Range: $3110 – $4300 US
- Duration: 8 days
- Country(s): Tanzania
- Tour Type: Private
- Start & Finish: Arusha
- Tour Code: TT8
- Activities: Wildlife/Game drives
2020 pricing per person sharing in a double or twin room, min. 2. Note that tariffs imposed by Tanzanian Government are subject to change. Christmas and Easter supplements apply.
- Low Season (April, May) – $3110 – $3225 US
- Mid-season (March, 1 Nov – 21 Dec) – $3570 – $3580 US
- Shoulder Season (26 May – 30 June) – $3840 – $4100
- High Season (Jan, Feb, 1 July – 31 Oct, 22 Dec – 31 Dec) – $3840 – $4300
- Single room supplement $0 – $455 US
- 1 night hotel, 6 nights comfort lodge
- 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 6 dinners
- Airport transfers
- Bird watching
- Game drives
- Archaeological site visit
- Park Entrance fees and all activities listed
- Visas, tips, souvenirs, beverages, and items of a personal nature.
- Fly in/fly out (offered in some game parks)
- Hot air balloon safari – $475 US
- Masai village visit – $50 US per vehicle
- Extend days
- Safari Kenya, Uganda, or Rwanda
Day 1 Arusha
You will arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport, be met and transferred to your hotel in Arusha for overnight stay.
Day 2 Tarangire National Park
Proceed to Tarangire where you will discover baobab trees and perhaps tree-climbing lions. Delight in the bird species and the migratory herds as well as resident wildlife.
Day 3 Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area
Depart for World Heritage Site Ngorongoro Crater. Upon arrival, descend into the crater in search of some of the 20,000 large mammals that reside there. With luck, you may spot a Black Rhino or observe the big five in action.
Day 4 Olduvai Gorge, Serengeti National Park
Make a stop at Olduvai Gorge. This is the site of Louis and Mary Leakey’s renowned archaeological discoveries. Hence, it is known as “The Cradle of Mankind”. Carry on to the famous Serengeti, and observe great herds on your afternoon game drive.
Days 5+6 Serengeti National Park
During your stay in the Serengeti, you will have 2 days to explore. Cross the endless plains, picnics in hand, as you spy on your favourite wildlife during full day game drives.
Day 7 Lake Manyara National Park
Roam the savannah of the Serengeti on a final morning game drive. Follow that with drive to Lake Manyara. Take a break at a refreshing waterfall on route.
Day 8 Depart
Scout out the great herds of wildlife this morning at Lake Manyara. Perhaps some tree climbing lions will greet you before you depart for the airport and your departure. Finally, this marks the end of your African safari tour in Tanzania.